This page offers a quick list of websites and contact information for the various U. of T. writing centres—free teaching services staffed by professional writing instructors. You're eligible to work at the writing centre in the college or faculty where you're registered. Usually you need to make an appointment, but some writing centres have drop-in hours at busy seasons. Many writing centres also offer group workshops, and some have developed specific advisory material.
Use the contact information here to find out more about your college or faculty's writing centre. Note that most downtown writing centres now use a shared online booking system. To make an appointment with your writing centre, use the live link on your writing centre's webpage, or start from the common login page. You will need to get a UTORid before you can use the online booking system. (See online info.)
N.B. Be sure to make your appointments well ahead, especially in the busy seasons towards the end of term. Leave plenty of time to revise afterwards too
- Daniels Writing Centre, in the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design, 230 College Street, Room 217; book appointments online.
- Engineering Communication Centre, Sandford Fleming B670; book appointments online.
- Health Sciences Writing Centre (for students in Dentistry, Kinesiology and Physical Education, Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work). Book appointments online.
- Innis College Writing Centre, Innis College Room 322; book appointments online.
- New College Writing Centre, Wilson Hall, Rooms 2045 and 2047; book appointments online.
- OISE Student Success Centre (OSSC), 252 Bloor St. W., Room 8-195; book appointments online.
- Philosophy Essay Clinic, 170 St. George St., Room ; check online for drop-in hours or for instructions about booking by email.
- The Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre, Hazel McCallion Academic Learning Centre, Room 390K; book appointments online.St. Michael's Research and Academic Skills Centre, Room 231, John M. Kelly Library; book appointments online.
- SGS Office of English Language and Writing Support (ELWS), 63 St. George Street, Room 308; book appointments online.
- Trinity College Writing Centre, Larkin Building, Room 302; book appointments online.
- University College Writing Centre, Laidlaw Library, Rooms 214, 216, and 218; book appointments online.
- UTSC Writing Centre, Room 210C, Academic Resource Centre; book appointments online.
- Victoria College Writing Centre, Northrop Frye Hall 103, Room A and Room B; book appointments online.
- Woodsworth College Academic Writing Centre, Woodsworth Room 214; book appointments online.
See also Working with a Writing Instructor.